Thursday, February 14, 2013

And another one... Febeuary 12

The time here at the MTC seems to go by so quickly it is crazy. Our zone currently has 4 districts and is getting another one this next wednesday. The MTC is getting so full its insane. Some people have to wait like 20 minutes in line to get food if you don't time things right and almost everyday we see missionaries carrying mattresses around campus trying to prepare for the influx in missionaries. I'm just really greatful that I am here now in Feb instead of being here in May when there are going to be TONS of missionaries.
As a side note, I apologize for my spelling if it is wrong sometimes. I have never been that good at spelling and learning spanish just makes some words get mixed up in my head that I can't spell them correctly in either language. The word "investigator" is personally probably the hardest word to spell because I say it in spanish in my head and just struggle to remember how to spell it in english. Hopefully that means that I am progessing with spanish somewhat!
Jacqueline, one missionary in my district, Elder George, reminds me of you so much. He is one of the most awesome guys ever and is obsessed with disney. Its so awesome. :) He is going to Tijuana with me and I think we might try to room together back at BYU cause he goes there also. I just have to tell you what one of the elders in my district said in regards to the new Star Wars movie being made by disney. "If its anything like Tangled, it will kick butt." - Elder Jensen.
Just wait Daniel, when I get back in two years I will demolish you so bad in Madden you won't even want to play it anymore.
Mom in response to your questions - Thanks for the package!! Everyone loved the special K bars!! The date on the mailing package changes so I'm not entirely sure exactly when we are leaving here. They had us come in a couple days after we got here to resign a visa application that said we would be going in on the 5th of March, but mexico is not giving out visas very quickly right now so I will be surprised if I get to Tijuana in the beginning of march. Its more likely that I will be reassigned to somewhere here in the States until my visa comes in and then go straight down there. I'm praying everyday that our visas come on time but whatever happens, the Lord is in control so I know I will be where I need to be when I need to be there.
Also, in regards to that article you sent me, I know the professor who did the study! Thats way awesome.
This morning as I was standing at the recommend desk in the temple waiting to get my recommend scanned, Blake Lawrence and Michael Blomfield from BYU grabbed me from behind. I guess there were doing baptisms and had just happened to look over when they were walking out and then saw me and came over. It was really really good to be able to see them, because I was a little bummed that it hadn't worked out to see them before I went into the MTC. Michael should be getting his mission call this next wednesday and Blake has his interview with the stake pres on the 20th of Feb so he is going to have his pretty soon also. Super cool. Also, Sage got her mission call to the Louisville Kentucky mission speaking english! So right next door to us!
This last week overall has been really good and encouraging. I was released as district leader this past sunday so I am trying to figure out how I can help the district from the back now and not stealing the job from our district leader. Spanish is coming along better and better everyday. I find myself not having to think as much during lessons/discussions and being able to express what I want to say instead of simply saying what I know how to say. Its amazing how the Lord blesses us and expands our ability to learn and remember when we are serving and striving to be exactly obedient. On sunday night we watch "films", pretty much meaning old devotional talks or the church movies. Last sunday we watched a talk given by Elder Holland in 2006 here at the MTC entitled "Missions Are Forever". It was really powerful, and actually quite entertaining. It really talked about how much our missions had the potential to mean to us and to the world and that we really need to man up and take things seriously because if we don't we won't ever regret anything more. That talk along with a talk we discussed in class also by Elder Holland, entitled "The Best is yet to be", have me really excited to learn more and to become the best missionary I can be before I leave the MTC so that I can be ready when I get to Tijuana. I think that talk was really good for everyone in our district, even though it never mentions missions. The talk is about not looking back on anything and only pushing forward. The talk says "Faith is always pointed towards the future". I love that because we can only progress if we focus on the future and don't dwell on the past or on things that we think might be better than whats ahead of us. I know it definitely makes me think twice before I have a thought about something I miss out here.
I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to be out serving a mission and even though I have only been gone for 3 weeks, I know that the Lord has been blessing me incredibly and has been helping me to accomplish things that I know I can not do myself. I'm so grateful for the examples that all of you have been of for me in my life and have helped me to grow and learn.
Con amor,
Elder Crockett

No comments:

Post a Comment