Friday, June 14, 2013

June 3, 2013

Hola familia! 
 
In response to your questions, Mom no I don't have a copy right now of the conference talks. If you could send me one in english that would be awesome. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one in spanish but if you could send me one in english that would be great. Dad I'm sure the boots have arrived but they go to the office so I only get packages when I have a zone conference, which isn't until the 28th of this month sooo I'll let you know in 3 some weeks. And Mom about the journal, I've written every day since I started the mission so I'm hoping to continue to do that :)
 
To be honest, this past week wasn't the very best that I've had so far. Elder Rodriguez has had this problem with his legs through his mission where they hurt really bad for a couple days and then nothing for a couple months. So early last week he was complaining a lot about his leg so we got a ride to the doctor that the mission uses and went with him and all. (I was convinced that they are just shin splints or something) So this doctor gives him some injections and other medications to take without really looking at him very well and is just like yeah come back in a week. Elder Rodriguez has never really taken medicine before and was acting like I was offering drugs when I offered him ibeprofin haha. But so I learned how to do injections to give him them but then the next day he started trippin out cause he could sleep and his heart was going all fast and then he had the hiccups for 2 days straight. In the end, we ended up going with every member in our wards who are doctors and turns out he has just been eating too much chilli with everything and his stomach was over irritated by the medications and his legs hurt because we walk all day everyday. But all of it is resolved now and I'm hoping that we are going to have a really good week ahead of us this week. :)
 
But also this week I learned some things/realized some things that I need to work on so that's good too. One day we were going to eat with a family and they called us to tell us that they were going to be late so we went to visit a near by family in the ward. Hermano Jones (he's from Utah) always is really blunt with us and its awesome cause we get to learn more about what we can do better in the ward from somebody who tells us how it is. So we were talking about stuff and he asked us if we thought that everyone is going to be judged equally in the day of judgement and then followed up with if we thought that all missionaries are going to be judged in the same way. I answered without really thinking that no we are going to be judged according with the blessings that we have recieved, because with greater light comes greater condemnation and all that jazz. We didn't really talk much more about it with him but afterwards I was really thinking about it and realized that I not only need to work my hardest everyday with everything because I should be a good missionary, but because I have been blessed so much and have the responsibility to be the best missionary I can be. I'm not sure if the explanation I've written conveys the thinking that I did about this, but all in all I realized that I need to step it up and I shouldn't ever be content with the missionary I am. One thing that one of the teachers in the MTC told me once that I really liked is that we should be happy about how much we have grown, but we shouldn't settle and be content with where we are. Something like that.
 
Even though that this last week wasn't all that good and was kind of hard cause all of our investigators that were really progressing are having problems and more problems, it is still so awesome to me that at the end of the day I can always look back and see where the Lord worked a miracle in our lives that day. For example, yesterday we were walking to visit a family cause our appointment with an investigator fell through, and this clean cut looking man that was walking the other direction in the street stopped us and was like "hey I have a big problem, I'm an alcoholic big time and when you guys walked past me something in my head said to ask you for help so I don't really know why I'm talking to you but I am just desperate for help." It was really cool to be able to see how the Lord has a plan for us in everything and that when appointments fall through, we still are in the right place at the right time to help somebody. We are going to teach this man tonight so I'm excited to see how we can help him and to see the Lord work in his life.
 
I'm out of time but thanks for the updates and the emails! Everyday I realize time and time again how blessed I am to have the family I have.
 
Love,
Elder Crockett

No comments:

Post a Comment