Friday, June 14, 2013

May 27, 2013

Buenos dias familia!
 
In response to mom's questions - With the spanish, of course there are still a TON of words that I don't understand, but I can understand what people are saying the majority of the time and I feel comfortable listening to people speak in spanish and I can understand what is being said without effort.. not sure if that answers your question or not. :) And Sara got engaged?? What the heck?? With who?? The baptism on saturday went great! Attached is a picture of everyone who was involved in the baptism on Saturday. If you could make sure to include like 30 or 40 US stamps in that package that would be great.
 
Its so fun to here about all of the stuff going on at home, but its crazy at the same time because I don't feel like I have been gone long enough for all of you to be finishing up school and moving on to the summer stuff. Maybe because here it always feels like summer outside :)
 
Well today starts a new transfer so I'm officially no longer training. I have a new district leader and a new zone leader that are both americans but I don't know either of them yet but I'm excited to met them tomorrow in our junta de distrito. Elder Rodriguez and I are here together for most likely 6 weeks more and then I'm probably going to be transfered. Things here in our area are going really well, we are working really hard and have some really good investigators that are progressing. With Elder Rodriguez we are working really hard and walking really fast so I'm alot more tired at the end of the days and I think I'm losing a little weight too haha.
 
This baptism that we had last Saturday was really really cool for a couple reasons. The other man that was getting baptized was an investigator of our zone leaders and the Hermano baptized him was baptized at the same time that we had a baptism like 2 months ago so its really cool to see him progressing and growing in the gospel. Also, our investigadora Milka, was just so happy. She has epilepsy and the missionaries had taught her on and off for several years and she never wanted to get baptized because she was afraid that she was going to have a seizure when she was baptized. So we taught her and gave her a blessing a few weeks ago with one of the counselors of the bishopric and she has just been improving healthwise since. Its been so cool to go over to their house to teach and to see her so much better and to see her excited to learn more. I was asked to conduct the music during the baptismal service and it was such a cool experience to see her and her husband so happy after she was baptized as we were singing some hymns waiting for the other people to finish changing. Super cool experience.
 
Last week our lesson dealeo in our district meeting was about listening to people and listening to the Spirit to know their needs and how/what we need to teach them. So this past week I had been really focusing as we are talking with people to really look for the ways that the gospel can bless their lives and what things they need to hear. It was really cool to be able to see the difference and to be able to listen to the Spirit to know what questions to ask them to get them to really open up. We were contacting this man, David, and it was just super cool as we were talking with him to be able to get him to go from a gruff guy who didn't seem like he wanted anything from us to crying as he shared experiences with us. (He really speaks in spanglish, and its just really confusing for my companion but I really don't notice that he changes back and forth between english and spanish but its pretty funny).
 
I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be out here in Tijuana sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with these people. Before I never really understood how everyone was like "oh the mission is the best two years" because sometimes the 2 years part seeming super long makes one focus in the time being spent, but it really is such an awesome experience and I'm so happy to be out here.
 
Thanks for all that you do and the examples that you are for me.
 
Con amor,
 
Elder Crockett

No comments:

Post a Comment