Sunday, July 7, 2013

June 25, 2013

Hola familia!
 
In response to your questions mom, our zone conference was going to be this next Friday but it got changed so its Wednesday of next week. So I still haven't gotten the boots of the package, but I'm hoping I will get them this next week. Yeah if you could forward me ben's letters and kylie's that would be great. What did you send me in the last package? I need stamps but other than that not anything I can think of right now, thanks!
 
I had been excited to get the boots cause my shoes were starting to wear out (as you can see by the picture attached). We went to go contact people in the "sobres" (pretty much a whole suburb full of garage sale type dealeos in the street" and I was just looking at shoes for the heck of it, not really planning on buying anything but the first little shop that we looked at, I found a pair of Ecco's that fit me perfectly so that was really cool and was really cool to see that God is looking out for me. So I left with a $120 pair of shoes that are slightly used and just super bomb for only $12 bucks. Pretty sweet deal :)
 
On Sunday we went to watch the missionary broadcast and like you guys said, wow it was really really good. My favorite part was during the first hymn with the video of the whole family working together to share the gospel and really just to serve others as Christ would. It really made me think of all of you at home and the ways that I know you are sharing the gospel little by little, serving others and helping them feel the love of Christ everyday. It was really powerful to see a family united in helping others, and I know that its the way that God wants us to do the work: together as families.  It really made me happy to read your letter mom as you are just constantly thinking of ways to share the gospel and are excited to have opportunities to do so. Thanks for your example :)
 
In regards to the announcement about starting to use technology, we got an email today that said this: “We know that every missionary, and almost every mission president, will want to be part of this as soon as possible. However, it will begin in phases and only in designated missions for the rest of this year. We anticipate that where safe to do so, these tools will be available to missionaries throughout the world sometime next year. Further details, guidelines, and information about missionary use of the Internet and digital devices will be forthcoming.” So maybe I will get to see a part of it but really I don't want to cause its just more things to worry about and more opportunities to get unfocused.
 
Things this last week were good. We have a baptism this Thursday for Patricio, and we have made sure that he hasn't killed anyone hahaha. This family that he lives with kept telling us that he had told them a while back that he killed like 8 people when he was younger and doing bad stuff but yesterday we taught the 10 commandments and asked him and he said "no he matado nunca" soo I'm believing him and we are excited for him to be interviewed tomorrow to be ready for Thursday.
 
This week has been good and I've realized some of the things that I need to work on personally. I was reading the talks from conference and one said something like "the mission is to prepare yourself for the great things that the Lord has in store in the rest of your life." So I decided I would study and pray to figure out the attributes and character that I need to develop here in the mission to be able to be the person God needs me to be. So I was studying and got the answer that I shouldn't worry about stuff like that right now and that I should just work harder and forget myself in the work. So it was kinda cool to get an answer like that and I know that I can always put more into the work and that I really need to forget myself and just go to work.
 
I'm out of time though so I hope you all have a good week! Pray for opportunities to share the gospel and act on every little positive thought that comes to mind!
 
Con amor,
Elder Crockett

No comments:

Post a Comment