Thursday, January 2, 2014

December 9, 2013


Okay so this week was super good but crazy busy so I will just try to share some of the highlights with you in the time that I have to write.
 
Highlight #1 - La familia De Leon
Okay so this family is probably one of my most favorite families that I have taught so far. The wife was baptized as a teenager but fell away from the church and just is coming back and all of her family that weren't members just got baptized this last thursday. The baptism got going a little late so we got home a little late but it was a really awesome service because they were a ton of members there and they were just all so happy. So you can see the photo of the baptism and there are just a ton in white as every one of their kids wanted somebody different to baptism them haha.
 
Highlight #2 - Baptismal Interviews
So this week I had to do several baptismal interviews and it has just been seriously an awesome experience. The spirit is so strong and it has made me come to understand and appreciate the atonement even more as I have been able to see the changes that these people have made in their lives to be able to be ready to make convenants with our Heavenly Father. Even though some of the interviews took longer than planned and almost made us late for church, it has just been so so cool to be able to be a part of that.
 
Coldlight #3 - Okay so its just really cold here. I had always imagined mexico to be super nice and sunny all the time, but 45 degrees with a wind has never felt colder haha. But I am just super grateful that I have a dad who taught me how to keep warm and to dress in layers :)
 
Highlight #4 - Christmas Concert
So this week we had our first concert last night and it went really well. Jacqueline, I am in the same boat as you are as the last couple of days I have been a little sick so I mean I had a couple little voice cracks when I went to hit the high notes on Oh Holy Night (the solo I sang) but the spirit was super super strong and I could just feel that it was fine that I didn't sing it perfectly. So Jacqueline just pray that you will sing what Christ wants and it will all turn out great, even if you are still sick :)

No comments:

Post a Comment